COVID-19 STAFF BULLETIN - JULY 7, 2020
“British Columbians have flattened the curve, and to weather this storm, everyone in B.C. needs to do their part, whether at home, at work or on vacation. We can protect our communities, our seniors, Elders and our loved ones by working together while staying apart.”
- Adrian Dix, Minister of Health, and Dr. Bonnie Henry, July 7 media statement
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||31||166||2,978 (2,629 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
- There have been 12 new cases since yesterday, including one epidemiologically (epi) linked case. ‘Epi-linked’ means that public health investigations have shown that cases meet the case definition for COVID-19 but may not have been tested for a number of reasons.
- This brings the total of COVID-19 cases in the province to 2,990. Currently, there are 162 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 2,645 people who tested positive have recovered.
- By health authority: 1,013 VCH, 1,576 Fraser Health, 133 Island Health, 203 Interior Health, 65 Northern Health.
- Of the total active COVID-19 cases, 16 individuals are hospitalized, four of whom are in intensive care. The remaining people with COVID-19 are recovering at home in self-isolation.
- No new community outbreaks and all community outbreaks have now been declared over.
- Holy Family Hospital Outbreak:
- Currently 44 residents and 24 staff diagnosed with the virus.
- There have been 9 resident deaths since the outbreak was called.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Elaine Yong, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: (604) 312-3547
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com.
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.