COVID-19 STAFF BULLETIN - MAY 15, 2020
“This is not the flick of a switch. This is a gradual increase in activity and we’ll do that in a manner that will keep everyone safe, and will allow us to test and gauge as we go that these measures are appropriate for public safety. ”
- Premier John Horgan, May 15 press briefing on the reopening of schools
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||21||2,428 (1,932 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
- 15 new cases announced today for a total of 2407 cases in B.C.
- There are two new outbreaks, one in acute care and one in the community: the Abbotsford Regional Hospital with seven confirmed cases; and at the Oppenheimer Group, a Coquitlam produce wholesaler, with two cases confirmed.
- By health authority: 878 VCH, 1164 Fraser Health, 126 Island Health, 181 Interior Health, 58 Northern Health.
- An additional five deaths, for a total of 140 deaths in the province.
- 1908 people have now recovered. There are 359 active cases of COVID-19.
- 51 patients are hospitalized currently, 12 of them in ICU.
- Please see today’s news release here.
- Provincial parks are now open for day use.
- The public is urged to stay close to home this long weekend.
- Guidelines for the reopening of schools and daycares was released today. Please see below for full details.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Elaine Yong, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: (604) 312-3547
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com.
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.