COVID-19 STAFF BULLETIN - MAY 22, 2020
“Phase 2 of our BC's Restart Plan is about pausing before moving forward; being thoughtful and cautious to keep everyone safe, while COVID-19 remains in our communities.” - Today’s joint statement by Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||12||2,530 (2,102 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
- 18 new cases of COVID-19 announced in BC today, for a total of 310 active cases.
- Three new COVID-19 related deaths in the Fraser Health region reported in the last 24 hours, for a total of 155 deaths in British Columbia.
- Of the total COVID-19 cases, 41 individuals are hospitalized, eight of whom are in intensive care.
- The total number of reported COVID-19 cases in the province is 2,507. 2,042 people who tested positive have recovered (81% of cases).
- There have been no new health care outbreaks, and the outbreak at Lions Gate Hospital has been declared over. In total, 14 long-term care or assisted-living facilities and two acute-care units have active outbreaks.
- While Phase 2 is now underway, the provincial health officer order restricting mass gatherings to no more than 50 individuals remains in place. Further, the order has been amended to also include no more than 50 vehicles for outdoor drive-in events, with a restriction on the sale of refreshments. Anyone attending these events must stay in their cars unless they have to go to washrooms, which must be serviced with running water for proper hand hygiene.
- The Province is allowing restaurants and pubs to apply to expand their patio areas to allow for proper physical distancing requirements. Read the full news release here.
- The Federal government has a new website to help Canadians find financial help. If you need support but don’t know where to start, this tool will help determine what you’re eligible for.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Elaine Yong, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: (604) 312-3547
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.