Fri, Mar 20, 2020
“At Providence, we have a history of doing the right thing in times of crisis.”
– Fiona Dalton, President & CEO, Providence Health Care
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||25||1,291 (805 recovered)|
|– ICU Patients||0||17||49|
|– On Ventilator||0||13||30|
|– ICU Patients||3|
|– On Ventilator||3|
|Discharged (within the last 24 hours)||0|
- On Friday, the Ministry of Health confirmed 77 new cases of COVID-19 in B.C. for a total of 348 cases in the province.
- The individuals are in the Vancouver Coastal, Fraser, Island and Interior health regions, and were confirmed positive. Of these cases, 22 are in hospital (including 10 in ICU) and the rest are self-isolating at home. Six people have fully recovered.
- Three of these cases are inpatients at St. Paul’s Hospital and one receives outpatient dialysis at the site.
- At the Lynn Valley Care Centre, 36 residents and 18 health care workers have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Dr. Henry said that around two dozen health care workers in B.C. have tested positive for COVID-19, although most of these cases have been mild.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Elaine Yong, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: (604) 312-3547
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.