Sat, Mar 21, 2020
Mar 21, 2020 / 12:00am PDT
- On Saturday, the Ministry of Health confirmed 74 new cases of COVID-19 in B.C. for a total of 424 cases in the province.
- There was also one additional death related to the Lynn Valley Care Centre, bringing the total number of fatalities in B.C. to 10.
- Cases by health authority: 230 in VCH, 126 in Fraser Health, 37 in Island Health, 27 in Interior Health, four in Northern Health.
- Five new cases admitted to hospital: 27 in hospital (of those 12 are in ICU). The rest are self-isolating at home.
- Four of these cases are inpatients at St. Paul¡¯s Hospital (2 in ICU and 2 on the Ward).
- Dr. Bonnie Henry ordered the closure of personal services establishments today. This includes spas, salons, tattoo shops and massage parlours.
- The latest BC Government news release is available here.
- B.C.'s Minister of Housing announced rent relief will be coming for those who need it. Details will be announced in the coming days.
- In addition, there is work underway on self-isolation options for the homeless, including hotel space in the DTES for those who need to self-isolate. There are protocols for those living on the street, living in parks, living in SROs and living in transition housing.
- New harm reduction resources from the BCCDC with tips on practicing safer drug use and preventing the spread of infection. There is also adownloadable version.
- The border between Canada and the United States is now closed, as of midnight last night, to all non-essential travel.
- For the latest Canadian updates, visit the Public Health Agency of Canada website.
- For the latest global case counts, please see the WHO situation reports, available here.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||12||152||2,916 (2,590 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|Staff||3||12 (3 recovered)|
Please note: Numbers are updated at approximately 5 p.m. each day.
This page last updated Mar 24, 2020 4:03pm PDT
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.
Latest Staff, Volunteer, and Researcher Bulletins
Updated Jun 30, 2020 5:11pm PDT
Updated Jun 29, 2020 5:08pm PDT
Updated Jun 10, 2020 4:46pm PDT
Updated Jun 10, 2020 4:44pm PDT
Updated Jun 10, 2020 4:43pm PDT