Sun, Mar 22, 2020
"A special thanks to all you kids. Thank you for helping your parents work from home... for doing math class around the kitchen table, and for trusting in science."
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Sunday, March 22
"Shut down, stay put, save lives."
- Kennedy Stewart, Mayor of Vancouver, Sunday, March 22
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||12||152||2,916 (2,590 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|Staff||3||12 (3 recovered)|
- B.C.’s Provincial Health Officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry, took a much needed day off today and did not provide a Sunday update.
- As of yesterday (Saturday), B.C. has 424 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
- Three confirmed cases are patients at St. Paul’s Hospital.
- Across the country, the number of confirmed cases as of this morning is 1,302 and 19 deaths.
- On Monday, the Mayor will Vancouver Council to strengthen enforcement tools, including significant fines, to ensure there’s 100 percent compliance with business closures and social distancing.
- Today, the Vancouver Park Board closed all public outdoor recreation facilities within parks and beaches. Parking lots, volleyball, skate parks, field sports, tennis, and more are now closed to ensure people maintain a social distance of two metres away from each other.
- The House of Commons will convene Tuesday to pass emergency legislation, including $82 billion in support for families, workers and businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- To read Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s full statement from this morning, click here.
- Just a reminder, Canadian Blood Services still needs you. Please book an appointment to donate blood.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.