Check out the latest media coverage featuring Providence News:
What's New: September 25
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|SPH||Hospitalized||4 (from over the weekend)||20||59|
(within the last 24 hours)
|HFH||Residents||0||53 (32 recovered)|
|Staff||1||37 (36 recovered)|
Visit the BC COVID-19 Dashboard or click on the image below for the latest case counts and information on recoveries, deaths, hospitalizations, testing and more. (Internet Explorer users: please use the Internet Explorer version of the BC COVID-19 Dashboard.)
Click image to visit the dashboard.
Please note that as of Sept 24, 2020 there are 2 outbreaks at Providence Health Care sites:
Today, we are announcing 148 new cases, including 12 epi-linked cases, for a total of 8,543 cases in British Columbia.
There are 1,371 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, 3,417 people who are under active public health monitoring as a result of identified exposure to known cases and 6,917 people who tested positive have recovered.
- By health authority: 3,094 VCH, 4,361 Fraser Health, 203 Island Health, 520 Interior Health, 278 Northern Health, and 87 cases of people who reside outside of Canada.
- There have been two new COVID-19 related deaths in the Fraser Health region, for a total of 229 deaths in British Columbia.
- There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Banfield Pavilion and the outbreak at OPAL by Element assisted-living facility has been declared over. In total, nine long-term care or assisted-living facilities and five acute-care facilities have active outbreaks.
- There have been no new community outbreaks, although there continue to be community exposure events.
- Public alerts and school notifications are posted on the BC Centre for Disease Control’s (BCCDC) website, as well as on health authorities’ websites, providing details on where the potential exposure occurred and what actions to take – whether to self-isolate or monitor for symptoms.
- For today’s full statement, please click here.
- MESSAGE FROM PRESIDENT & CEO FIONA DALTON
- ST. PAUL’S HOSPITAL 8A OUTBREAK UPDATE
- OUTBREAK DECLARED FOR NEIGHBOURHOODS 1 & 2 AT HOLY FAMILY LTC
- PROVIDENCE CLINICAL STAFF: WE NEED YOU!
ALL PROVIDENCE STAFF VIRTUAL TOWN HALL - SEPTEMBER 17, 2020
WATCH: If you missed the All-Staff Town Hall, click here for the recording.
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
Part One of the Q&As has answers to most of the questions addressed during the session.
Please note, The number next to each question indicates the approximate time the question was addressed in the webcast playback.
- Click here for Part Two of the Q&As.
If you have questions that weren’t discussed at the event, we still want to hear from you. Please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the STAFF SUPPORT section for information on discounts, parking, childcare and wellness support.
September, the start of a new chapter and school year — marking the end of summer. While September can be a time of transition, it is also a time to reflect on our priorities. These changes can feel stressful, anxiety provoking and overwhelming. How do we thrive in Stresstember?
READ MORE for a list of ways stress can affect our bodies and coping strategies to help. We encourage you to notice these symptoms and reach out for support.
The Wellness & Support Team encourages you to reach out for help when you need it. You’re there for them. We’re there for you.
Visit the Staff Support section on the COVID-19 website for information about staff wellness supports and more.
- Government of British Columbia Statements
September 24: Joint Statement of Province of BC's COVID-19 response
September 23: Joint Statement of Province of BC's COVID-19 response
September 21: Joint Statement of Province of BC's COVID-19 response
September 20: Joint Statement of Province of BC's COVID-19 response
September 18: Joint Statement of Province of BC's COVID-19 response
September 17: Joint Statement of Province of BC's COVID-19 response
September 16: Joint Statement of Province of BC's COVID-19 response
September 15: Joint Statement of Province of BC's COVID-19 response
September 14: Joint Statement of Province of BC's COVID-19 response
September 11: Joint Statement on Province of BC's COVID-19 response
September 10: Joint Statement of Province of BC's COVID-19 response
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.