These resources provide COVID-19 information and resources for community partners who work with vulnerable populations (homeless and under-housed people, and people with complex care and/or MHSU needs).
- VCH COVID-19 Temporary Housing Workflow and Referral Form
- This document provides a description of the Vancouver-based VCH Teams supporting Homeless and Shelter Populations in COVID-19 Response, and provides a screening process workflow for outreach, shelters, SROs and Supported Housing. Updated April 12 2020 to correct Temporary Housing Referral Team phone number.
- VCH COVID-19 Shelter Team Description and Workflow (Updated April 12, 2020)
This temporary housing referral form is for homeless or precariously housed clients with or without COVID like symptoms OR clients who are housed and have COVID like symptoms.
- VCH COVID-19 Temporary Housing Referral Form (Updated April 9, 2020)
- Operations Manual For COVID-19 management in housing
- This document provides guidance for implementing and operating a COVID-19 facilities for vulnerable populations (homeless and under-housed residents who are unable to self-isolate) in the Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) region.
- Operations Manual For COVID-19 management in housing (Updated March 31, 2020)
- COVID-19 Poster for housing facilities, shelters and other community services (VCH) (Updated March 31, 2020)
- Personal Protective Equipment Recommendations - Community (VCH) (Updated April 4, 2020)
- Caring for Vulnerable Populations during a COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- Safer Use Strategies to Reduce Risk of COVID-19 Transmission (VCH) (Updated March 31, 2020)
- Education slides - Infection Prevention and Control: COVID-19 (VCH) (Updated March 31, 2020)
- VCH Overdose Response in Overdose Prevention Sites and Supervised Consumption Sites for COVID-19 (Updated April 3, 2020)
- Best Practices IPC Audit for COVID-19 in Shelters and Supported Housing Facilities (Updated April 3, 2020)
- Cleaning Guidelines For SRO’s, Shelters and Supported Housing with COVID-19 Patients (Updated March 31, 2020)
- COVID-19 Resource Manual for VCH Staff and Community Partners Working with Vulnerable Populations (Updated April 3, 2020)
- Vulnerable Populations Environmental Scan
A regular environmental scan of key activities and guidelines from a selection of jurisdictions (North America, Europe, Asia), to support homeless and/or vulnerable populations during COVID-19.
- Additional and translated resources
COVID-19 Withdrawal Management Prescriber Guidelines
Prescriber Guidelines Webinar - Vancouver Community Action Team
- April 2, 2020 Webinar with Vancouver Community Acton Team (Opens in youtube)
Questions about health concerns
If you or the people you work with have health concerns, call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1. Please be patient as they are experiencing high call volumes. For non medical information about COVID-19 Call 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319) or text 604-630-0300 from 7:30 am to 8 pm.
- Q&A for Medical Staff
- Changes to medical services for COVID
- Resources for Medical Staff
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.