Please note that as things change rapidly, Q&As and guidelines will be updated. Review this website often to ensure you have the most up to date information or consult your leader if you have concerns or identify discrepencies.
Hand hygiene is considered the single most important intervention to prevent the spread of healthcare-associated infection.
Review the Infection Prevention and Control's Hand Hygiene page on PHC Connect for information on proper hand hygiene.
Click here for a BC Ministry of Health communique about hand hygiene and a provincial best practices guideline for hand hygiene.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Testing and Laboratory
- Infection Prevention & Control for Surgical Procedures
- Acute Care
- Hand Hygiene
- Triage and Assessment
- Environmental Considerations
- Long Term Care Specific Information
- Ambulatory Care
- Community Resources
- Admitted Patients
- Care of the Deceased
- Travel Advisories
- Greeter Program Information
- Risk Mitigation in the Context of Dual Public Health Emergencies
- Visitation Rule Changes
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.