Visitation Rule Changes
Please note that as things change rapidly, Q&As and guidelines will be updated. Review this website often to ensure you have the most up to date information or consult your leader if you have concerns or identify discrepencies.
Visitors will be restricted to immediate family members only at all Providence Health Care and Vancouver Coastal Health sites. This measure is in place as a precautionary measure to ensure the safety of patients, employees and medical staff. It also allows us to strengthen our infection control measures.
We are also discussing tighter controls on public access at St. Paul’s, including limiting the number of entrances. We will update you when we have more information.
At all PHC sites:
Effective immediately visitor access to PHC's Acute and Long Term Care sites is restricted due to the COVID-19 situation.
Only visitors providing essential care, such as compassionate care or support paramount to patient well-being such as feeding/mobility, are permitted to visit. This includes existing registered volunteers providing these services.
Each patient is allowed just one visitor at a time.
Talking points for switchboard, security, volunteers, visitor info desks and administration are available, along with signs:
- PHC Acute (SPH + MSJ) Visitor talking points Updated March 21, 2020 (PDF)
- PHC Long-Term Care Seniors Visitor talking points (PDF)
- COVID-19 Door Poster in English (PDF)
- COVID-19 Door Poster in English, Farsi and Chinese (PDF)
- Triage and Assessment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Testing and Laboratory
- Hand Hygiene
- Environmental Considerations
- Long Term Care Specific Information
- Ambulatory Care
- Admitted Patients
- Travel Advisories
- Greeter Program Information
- Risk Mitigation in the Context of Dual Public Health Emergencies
- Visitation Rule Changes
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.