Support Line and Important Contacts
Staff COVID-19 Support line
- To support your mental health and wellness, a support line is available for staff and volunteers to speak with a colleague who is trained to provide Psychological First Aid (this is not a crisis line). Call 604.806.9925 or local 69925 – leave your name, number and a time for one of the trained volunteers to call you back. This line is also available to physicians and contracted services (IPS, Sodexo and Crothall).
- Your confidentiality is important and details of the conversation will not be shared; the only information shared will be to OH&S if services are required beyond what is offered so they can ensure you have the appropriate and ongoing assistance you need.
Mental Health & Wellness Support Contacts
- BC Mental Health Network: There is a newly developing counseling network aiming to support BC residents struggling with her mental health during COVID-19, (called “BC COVID-19 Mental Health Network”). They are offering free, short term, 1:1 online or phone counseling. Potential clients are instructed to email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an appointment time.
- EFAP: We also have an Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) to support staff and physicians. EFAP is a free and confidential service available to all full-time part-time and casual employees of Providence, and your dependent family members.
24/7 Telephone: 604-872-4929 or 1-800-505-4929
General Inquiries: email@example.com
If you would like some additional support for yourself or your team please contact Sandy Coughlin, Director of Occupational Health & Safety.
- Mental Health & Wellness Support For All Staff
- Free Mental Health Programs
- Support Line and Important Contacts
- Moral Distress at the time of COVID
- Wellness Webinars
- PHC Mental Health and Wellness Website
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Free Resources for Mindfulness Practice
- Coping with COVID-19 and Physical Distancing
- My Workplace Health
- Mental Health & Wellness Support for Physicians
- Working from Home
- Child Care
- Parking & Transportation
- Discounts & Offers
- Financial Support
- Learning and Quality Improvement Resources
- Staff Safety & Wellness At Home
- Online Memorial Service
- Inspirational Messages
- Public Messages of Support
- Wellness Tips of the Day
- Helpful Articles
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.