Parking & Transportation
Update on parking at our sites (as of June 1, 2020)
Temporary free parking for staff, patients and clients will continue into May, until further notice. However, as we prepare to open up for more surgical cases, some areas of the parkade at St. Paul’s will be restricted to patient /client parking only. Please take notice of signs in the parkade and directions from the parking ambassadors.
The City of Vancouver is resuming parking enforcement effective immediately, but are still offering free parking to Health Care Workers. The City of Vancouver is now rolling out their PaybyPhone Exemption System. Please review the following documents for information regarding how to use the new PaybyPhone system and the area code:
- Approved Exemption Zone for St. Paul’s Hospital
- Approved Exemption Zone for Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
- Approved Exemption Zone for VGH
- Approved Exemption Zone for Honoria Conway-Heather/Youville
Additionally, please follow the How To Access Temporary Health Care Parking Exemptions During COVID-19 document.
To park in Approved Exemption Areas, staff must display a sheet with PHC’s Dash Identifier HEALTH002.
A number of parking spaces at Century Plaza and Sutton Place Hotel near St. Paul’s Hospital continue to be available. Please remember to display either a Daily Park dangler or paper pass that identifies you as PHC Staff.
Email PHC_CVD_TEMPSTAFFACCOMS@providencehealth.bc.ca for temporary parking passes and claims for City issued tickets.
Monthly Parking Reimbursement
For staff who paid for monthly parking in April and/or May at non-hospital (private) sites, you may claim your expense using the attached Mileage & Parking Claim Form. You will need proof of payment and approval from your supervisor/manager to qualify. Please note this is only for those who are on monthly plans at non-hospital (private) sites. Staff who are on payroll deduction at hospital sites were not charged for the month of April and continue to be exempt, until further notice.
Due to current circumstances surrounding COVID-19, PHSA Payroll will accept a scanned copy of your proof of payment and completed Mileage & Parking Claim Form submitted via email.
- Once your supervisor/manager approves your claim, they will send your submission to payroll via email to ‘Payroll Assistant’ at PayrollAssistant@hssbc.ca;
- Your supervisor/manager must sign and print their name on the mileage claim form or indicate clearly in the email body sent to payroll that they have reviewed and approved your claim. Please note that Payroll department will not process any claims without your supervisor/manager’s approval;
- Please keep your original proof of payment for audit purposes.
Vancouver hotel parking at Century Plaza & Sutton Place
Century Plaza Hotel has generously offered free parking for all SPH/PHC staff, who now have access to 80 spots on a first-come, first-parked basis. To park here:
- Access a free ticket from the lot machine by selecting “St. Paul’s Hospital”
- Display a PHC identification decal or the PHC mirror dangler.
Sutton Place Hotel has generously offered free parking for all SPH/PHC staff, who now have access to 50 spots on a first-come, first-parked basis (access instructions are required). To park here:
- Display a PHC identification decal or the PHC mirror dangler.
For access instructions and parking passes, email your full name and staff/college ID number to: PHC_CVD_TEMPSTAFFACCOMS@providencehealth.bc.ca. Use subject: PARKING DECAL
We will continue to look for additional parking options – for all Providence sites – as needs and opportunities come forward.
Hornby staff parking
Providence staff who have parking spots at our Hornby office parkade and are currently working from home are asked to offer their parking spot to other PHC staff. To offer your stall, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Paul’s Hospital parking for patients
There are 46 dedicated parking spaces for patients and the public located along the inside wall spots 286–299 and 462–495 at St. Paul’s Hospital. Staff should not park in these spaces.
CAR & BIKE SHARE
Evo has provided a few dozen vehicles for Providence staff to use. If you’re interested in using an Evo due to a lengthy or crowded commute, please email the below details to: PHC_CVD_TEMPSTAFFACCOMS@providencehealth.bc.ca. Use subject: EVO CAR
- First and last name
- cell phone number
- Work email and preferred email (if Gmail or other is preferred)
- Primary work site
- Home municipality
- Brief description of challenges with current commute
Mobi BikeShare free 90-day trial for all Providence staff
The Essential Services Membership Program provides essential service employees with a free 90-day pass for the Mobi bike share program in the urban core of Vancouver. All Providence staff are eligible for the program.
- Visit: https://www.mobibikes.ca/essential and create an account.
- Enter the promo code: providenceheroes90
- Details: Unlimited 30-minute rides for 90 days. The pass does not auto-renew. A credit card is still required as overages may be incurred for rides that last longer than 30 minutes.
The promo code only works for the 90 Day Pass and is case sensitive.
If a staff member already has an active pass they can contact customer service at email@example.com to have it extended by 90 Days. Mobi will not be providing a refund on their already purchased pass at this time.
For more information on what Mobi by Shaw Go is doing to increase cleaning protocols and disinfecting of bikes, and any steps our staff should take to keep themselves and others safe, click here.
Bus service changes starting June 1
From June 1, fare collection and front-door boarding on buses will resume. TransLink will also ease seat restrictions to add as much capacity as possible (about two-thirds) while it restores bus services to pre-pandemic levels.
As more people return to transit, physical distancing will not always be possible. To make taking transit safer and available to all those who need it, TransLink reminds customers to do their part to protect themselves and others.
- Stay at home if you’re sick
- Travel off-peak when possible
- Wear a non-medical mask/face covering when using transit
- Sit down when using the bus (to make it easier for operators to estimate the number of customers on board)
- Allow yourself more time for travel
Read the full media release here.
TransLink implements Safe Operating Action Plan
TransLink has released new and enhanced measures in its Safe Operating Action Plan to improve sanitization, create physical space where possible and enhance safety, including:
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing, including cleaning ‘pit crews’ at high traffic stations
- Managing the number of people through fare gates and on SkyTrains
- Restoring service and adding more capacity including routes that were previously reduced
Compass card refunds
TransLink is offering Compass Card refunds to anyone who purchased a monthly pass for April or a partial refund for March. To request a refund, please call TransLink Customer Service at (toll-free) 1-888-207-4055 or 604-398-2042, Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or online at www.compasscard.ca/contactus.
NEW: Staff can carpool with a colleague from outside of their household; if you are planning to carpool, please follow these enhanced infection prevention guidelines for carpooling with a colleague provided VCH Medical Health Office.
- Mental Health & Wellness Support For All Staff
- Mental Health & Wellness Support for Physicians
- Working from Home
- Child Care
- Parking & Transportation
- Discounts & Offers
- Financial Support
- Learning and Quality Improvement Resources
- Staff Safety & Wellness At Home
- Online Memorial Service
- Inspirational Messages
- Public Messages of Support
- Wellness Tips of the Day
- Helpful Articles
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.