Parking & Transportation
Update on parking at our sites (as of July 30, 2020)
The City of Vancouver is extended parking exemptions to Health Care Workers until August 15, 2020. The City of Vancouver will continue with their PaybyPhone Exemption System. Please review the documents below for information regarding how to use the new PaybyPhone system and the payment exemption code. Note that the City will be enforcing those who do not follow the directions contained below (registering your car with the PaybyPhone system) or failing to display the correct parking sign. (They are no longer accepting PHC daily pay danglers on mirrors as identification of HCWs.)
- Approved Exemption Zone for St. Paul’s Hospital
- Approved Exemption Zone for Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
- Approved Exemption Zone for VGH
- Approved Exemption Zone for Honoria Conway-Heather/Youville
Temporary free parking for staff, patients and clients will continue into August, until further notice. You will notice that parking ambassadors are directing patients to allocated spaces and that these spaces may change daily based upon patient volumes. Please take notice of directions from the parking ambassadors.
To park in Approved Exemption Areas, staff must display a sheet with PHC’s Dash Identifier HEALTH002 AND register thier car with the Pay by Phone system. This must be done no matter what exempted area you park in, even if there is no parking meter associated with the spot.
Email PHC_CVD_TEMPSTAFFACCOMS@providencehealth.bc.ca for temporary parking passes and claims for City issued tickets.
Paid Parking in local lots near SPH
Paid Parking is available in the area neighboring SPH and can be found here.
Note revisions to the Wall Centre parking: $10 daily rate for self-parking and a maximum of 14 hours per day use. Same day in and outs are not permitted.
- To enjoy discounted parking, you must obtain a Parking Discount Card from WestPark by calling 604-669-7275 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The program, which automatically charges a credit card of your choice, allows you to use the discount card to swiftly enter and exit the parking garage without having to perform any other transaction. These cards are unique to the user and cannot be shared. It will take 7-10 days to receive a card after an application is completed. When calling to obtain your parking discount card, a valid work ID will be required.
- Use the discount card for gate entry and exit. Please wait for parking gates to fully open and close behind you before proceeding into the parking lot. Please use only the North Tower exits and elevators to access the parkade as the South Tower is closed. The parking lot is accessible 24 hours a day.
- Please note that new members of this program will only be able to participate until Dec 31st, 2020. On that date, the Wall Centre will reassess usage.
We will continue to look for additional parking options – for all Providence sites – as needs and opportunities come forward.
Monthly Parking Reimbursement
For staff who have paid or are paying at non-hospital (private) sites, you may claim your expense using the attached Mileage & Parking Claim Form. You will need proof of payment and approval from your supervisor/manager to qualify. Please note this is only for those who are on monthly plans at non-hospital (private) sites. Staff who are on payroll deduction at hospital sites are not being charged and continue to be exempt, until further notice.
Due to current circumstances surrounding COVID-19, PHSA Payroll will accept a scanned copy of your proof of payment and completed Mileage & Parking Claim Form submitted via email.
- Once your supervisor/manager approves your claim, they will send your submission to payroll via email to ‘Payroll Assistant’ at PayrollAssistant@hssbc.ca;
- Your supervisor/manager must sign and print their name on the mileage claim form or indicate clearly in the email body sent to payroll that they have reviewed and approved your claim. Please note that Payroll department will not process any claims without your supervisor/manager’s approval;
- Please keep your original proof of payment for audit purposes.
Hornby staff parking
Providence staff who have parking spots at our Hornby office parkade and are currently working from home are asked to offer their parking spot to other PHC staff. To offer your stall, please contact: email@example.com
St. Paul’s Hospital parking for patients
There are dedicated parking spaces for patients and the public located along the inside wall spots 286–299 and 462–495 at St. Paul’s Hospital. Staff should not park in these spaces.
Bus service changes starting June 1
From June 1, fare collection and front-door boarding on buses will resume. TransLink will also ease seat restrictions to add as much capacity as possible (about two-thirds) while it restores bus services to pre-pandemic levels.
As more people return to transit, physical distancing will not always be possible. To make taking transit safer and available to all those who need it, TransLink reminds customers to do their part to protect themselves and others.
- Stay at home if you’re sick
- Travel off-peak when possible
- Wear a non-medical mask/face covering when using transit
- Sit down when using the bus (to make it easier for operators to estimate the number of customers on board)
- Allow yourself more time for travel
Read the full media release here.
TransLink implements Safe Operating Action Plan
TransLink has released new and enhanced measures in its Safe Operating Action Plan to improve sanitization, create physical space where possible and enhance safety, including:
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing, including cleaning ‘pit crews’ at high traffic stations
- Managing the number of people through fare gates and on SkyTrains
- Restoring service and adding more capacity including routes that were previously reduced
Compass card refunds
TransLink is offering Compass Card refunds to anyone who purchased a monthly pass for April or a partial refund for March. To request a refund, please call TransLink Customer Service at (toll-free) 1-888-207-4055 or 604-398-2042, Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or online at www.compasscard.ca/contactus.
NEW: Staff can carpool with a colleague from outside of their household; if you are planning to carpool, please follow these enhanced infection prevention guidelines for carpooling with a colleague provided VCH Medical Health Office.
- Mental Health & Wellness Support For All Staff
- Mental Health & Wellness Support for Physicians
- Child Care
- Parking & Transportation
- Working From Home
- Discounts & Offers
- Financial Support
- Learning and Quality Improvement Resources
- Staff Safety & Wellness At Home
- Online Memorial Service
- Thank You Holy Family Hospital
- Inspirational Messages
- Public Messages of Support
- Wellness Tips of the Day
- Helpful Articles
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.