Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
EFAP is a free and confidential service available to full-time part-time and casual employees of Providence, and your dependent family members (at this time, this service is not available to Physicians). A number of EFAP’s services are listed below. For more information or to access services, please call or visit their website.
24/7 Telephone: 604-872-4929 or 1-800-505-4929
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brochure: EFAP Services
EFAP provides free confidential short-term counselling to employees and family members. This brief-therapy approach empowers clients to move towards solutions in a short-term period. Counselling is available face-to-face, over the telephone, or online through email or video.
EFAP offers a suite of wellness services that address an array of specific concerns, including:
- Emotional coaching – Goal-based one-to-one supportive coaching to manage personal and workplace issues
- Parent coaching – Provides tools to improve parenting skills and effective strategies to help manage challenging situations with children of all ages
- Health coaching – Utilizes registered dieticians, fitness and life coaches, meditation, yoga and mindfulness-based stress reduction tactics
- Eldercare coaching – Provides support and guidance to assist individuals in managing the challenges that arise from caring for an aging parent
In addition to video and email counselling, EFAP offers a number of other helpful online resources for staff and family to access.
- LifeHub – Contains a wealth of high quality health, wellness and work-life information, expert guidance and self-help tools such as a Health Risk Assessment. Click here to register, then access LifeHub by visiting www.lifehub.com
- Beating the Blues – An online treatment program for people experiencing mild to moderate depression.
- Smoking Cessation – Access the self-guided step-by-step Quit Now program. Call EFAP to get started.
- MoodGYM – An innovative, interactive web program designed to prevent depression.
- Go Ask Alice – A health Q&A resource with reliable, accurate, accessible, culturally competent health and wellness information
- Dr. Joti Samra, R.Psych & Associates – Access resources & information to enhance your psychological health, wellness & resilience.
Financial & Legal Consultation
- Financial Education – Financial Literacy Counsel provides two one-on-one coaching sessions designed specifically for healthcare workers at no cost
- Legal Consultation – Access one free yearly legal consultation, provided over the phone or in-person by a lawyer.
- Mental Health & Wellness Support For All Staff
- Free Mental Health Programs
- Support Line and Important Contacts
- Moral Distress at the time of COVID
- Wellness Webinars
- PHC Mental Health and Wellness Website
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Free Resources for Mindfulness Practice
- Coping with COVID-19 and Physical Distancing
- My Workplace Health
- Mental Health & Wellness Support for Physicians
- Working from Home
- Child Care
- Parking & Transportation
- Discounts & Offers
- Financial Support
- Learning and Quality Improvement Resources
- Staff Safety & Wellness At Home
- Online Memorial Service
- Inspirational Messages
- Public Messages of Support
- Wellness Tips of the Day
- Helpful Articles
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.