What's New: September 25
LATEST PHC NEWS
Important COVID-19 Updates
Sept. 24, 2021:
- PREVIOUS COVID-19 PHC UPDATES (click here)
- September's PHC COVID-19 Update Town Hall recapped - and your questions answered
- Youville Enhanced Surveillance update
- Brock Fahrni Outbreak declared over
- New health orders around vaccinations announced
Important changes to mask policy, visitors, and more (Sept. 9, 2021)
- B.C launches proof of vaccination to stop spread of COVID-19 (Aug. 26, 2021)
- New guidance regarding back to school (post-secondary and K-12) (Aug. 26, 2021)
- Mask Mandate returns for indoor public spaces Wednesday, August 25, 2021 (Aug. 26, 2021)
- Continued masking in health care facilities during Step 3 (July 9, 2021)
- Update on long-term care visitation guidelines (July 9, 2021)
B.C COVID-19 PANDEMIC UPDATE
As of Friday, Sept. 24, 2021:
- 88.0% (3,805,580) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 80.9% (3,497,809) received their second dose.
- B.C. is reporting 743 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 182,541 cases in the province.
- Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.
- There are 5,979 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 174,281 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 319 individuals are in hospital and 149 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
- Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
- The new/active cases include:
- 292 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 2,029
- 111 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 955
- 177 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 1,268
- 106 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 1,023
- 57 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 660
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 44
- In the past 24 hours, seven new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,922.
- Read Friday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
- Find previous joint statements here.
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
This page last updated Sep 24, 2021 5:30pm PDT
Updated Sep 24, 2021 4:40pm PDT
Updated Sep 24, 2021 4:39pm PDT
Updated Sep 23, 2021 12:21pm PDT
Updated Sep 22, 2021 4:35pm PDT
Updated Sep 22, 2021 4:19pm PDT
Updated Sep 22, 2021 2:06pm PDT
Updated Sep 17, 2021 12:07pm PDT
Updated Sep 17, 2021 11:29am PDT
Updated Sep 14, 2021 8:33am PDT
Updated Sep 13, 2021 5:24pm PDT