Whitehorse couple Greg Shaw and Allen Penny celebrated an extra-meaningful Father’s Day after St. Paul’s NICU helped provide specialized care for their new son, born prematurely and requiring some complex care.
What's New: June 22
LATEST PHC NEWS
Important reminder: Provincial orders and guidelines remain in place for everyone, even if you have received the vaccine.
LATEST BC NEWS
For Tuesday, June 22:
- In B.C., 4,511,923 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines have been administered, 1,001,192 of which are second doses.
- This means 77.7% of all adults and 76.2% of those 12 and older have now received their first dose.
- 56 new cases of COVID-19 were announced for a total of 147,187 cases in British Columbia.
- Active cases: 1,150
- Currently hospitalized: 111
- Intensive care: 41
- There have been 0 new COVID-19 related deaths, for a total of 1,743 deaths.
New cases by health authority region:
- Northern Health – 7
- Interior Health – 15
- Island Health – 3
- Fraser Health – 18
- Vancouver Coastal – 12
- Vaccine data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- Read Tuesday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
- Find previous joint statements here.
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.