Mother’s Day is this Sunday. And while it is traditionally a time to celebrate the women who care for us, it is important to remember that pregnancy and new motherhood may have a darker, more challenging side.
What's New: May 9
LATEST PHC NEWS
Important reminder: Provincial orders and guidelines remain in place for everyone, even if you have received the vaccine.
LATEST BC NEWS
For Friday, May 7: 722 new cases were announced, for a total of 134,341 cases in British Columbia:
- Active cases: 6,757
- Currently hospitalized: 445
- Intensive care: 157
- There has been 7 new COVID-19 related death, for a total of 1,602 deaths in British Columbia.
New cases by health authority region:
- Northern Health – 26
- Interior Health – 38
- Island Health – 20
- Fraser Health – 523
- Vancouver Coastal – 115
- In B.C., 2,042,442 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca-SII COVID-19 vaccines have been administered, 99,461 of which are second doses.
- Vaccine data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- Read Friday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
- Find previous joint statements here.
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||722||6,757||134,341 (125,799 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.