COVID-19 All-Staff Bulletin - Nov. 3, 2020
“Today, much of the recent transmission is connected to social gatherings. That is why it is so important to keep our groups small." - Dr. Réka Gustafson, BC’s deputy provincial health officer and Adrian Dix, Minister of Health
Please note: Numbers are updated at approximately 5 p.m. each day.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||299||3,017||15,800 (12,430 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
- Today, 299 new cases were announced, for a total of 15,800 in the province.
- There are 3,107 active cases. 6,888 people are under active public health monitoring.
- Currently 92 individuals are hospitalized with COVID-19, 22 of whom are in intensive care.
- By health authority region: VCH – 4,993; Fraser Health – 9,234; Island Health - 270; Interior Health - 788; Northern Health - 425 and 90 people who generally reside outside Canada.
- There has been three new deaths, for a total of 272 COVID-related deaths in BC.
- There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Belvedere Care Centre. In total, 27 long-term care or assisted-living facilities and two acute-care facilities have active outbreaks.
- Read today’s statement here.
- For the latest COVID numbers across the province, please see the BCCDC dashboard.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Elaine Yong, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: (604) 312-3547
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.