COVID-19 All-Staff Bulletin - Nov. 6, 2020
“We have one COVID-19 curve in B.C., and we all have a role to play to get through this storm and push our curve back down.” - Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated at approximately 5 p.m. each day.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||998 (for two days)||4,891||18,714 (13,425 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
- Today, 589 new cases were announced, for a total of 17,149 in the province.
- There are 3,741 active cases. 7,887 people are under active public health monitoring.
- Currently 104 individuals are hospitalized with COVID-19, 28 of whom are in intensive care.
- New cases by health authority region: VCH – 146; Fraser Health – 402; Island Health - 5; Interior Health - 24; Northern Health - 12.
- There have been two new deaths, for a total of 275 COVID-related deaths in BC.
- There have been six new health-care facility outbreaks. In total, 31 long-term care or assisted-living facilities and four acute-care facilities have active outbreaks.
- Read today’s Joint Statement.
- For the latest COVID numbers across the province, please see the BCCDC dashboard.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Elaine Yong, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: (604) 312-3547
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com.
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.