COVID-19 All-Staff Bulletin - Oct. 16, 2020
“Today, on International Handwashing Day, take the time to refresh your good handwashing habits.” - Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated at approximately 5 p.m. each day.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||155||1,513||11,189 (9,387 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
- There are 142 new cases today in the province, including 3 epi-linked case. This brings the provincial total to 11,034 cases of COVID-19.
- By health authority region: VCH - 3,974, Fraser Health - 5,800, Island Health - 239, Interior Health - 587, Northern Health - 345 and 89 people who generally reside outside Canada.
- There are 1,494 active cases. 74 of those people are in the hospital, with 24 in critical care/ICU.
- There are no new deaths and the total deaths in BC is 250.
- 3,683 people are under active public health monitoring.
- There have been no new health care outbreaks. In total, 16 long-term care or assisted-living facilities have outbreaks and two acute-care facilities.
- There is one new community outbreak at the FedEx office adjacent to the Kelowna airport.
- Washing our hands regularly is one of easiest and best ways for us to protect ourselves from COVID-19, influenza and common colds. Today, on International Handwashing Day, take the time to refresh your good handwashing habits.
- Another important preventive measure is to get an influenza vaccine this fall. Vaccines are arriving in B.C. now and over the coming weeks. To find a clinic and book your appointment, visit: www.immunizebc.ca
- Read the full news release here.
- For the latest COVID numbers across the province, please see the BCCDC dashboard.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Elaine Yong, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: (604) 312-3547
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.