COVID-19 Medical Staff Bulletin - Feb. 5, 2021
“Each holiday and occasion this month – Super Bowl, Lunar New Year, Family Day or Valentine’s Day – is an opportunity for us to either allow the virus to spread or to slow it down even more. The choice is ours to make.”
- Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||1,236 (3 days)||3,976||70,952 (65,605 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|* patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
- For Friday, there are 471 new cases including four epi-linked cases, for a total of 69,716 cases in British Columbia.
- New cases by health authority region:
- VCH – 108
- Fraser Health – 208
- Island Health - 28
- Interior Health - 56
- Northern Health - 71
- Currently, 6,886 people are under active public health monitoring as a result of identified exposure to known cases.
- To date, 149,564 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in B.C., 10,366 of which are second doses. Immunization data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- Today, the latest COVID-19 modelling data was shared and can be found here.
- Read Friday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.