COVID-19 Medical Staff Bulletin - March 12, 2021
“With the amended public health order on gatherings and events we can now go outside, but we need to balance that with keeping up our precautions when indoors. If you are going to spend time with friends and family, socialize safely.”
Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, and Adrian Dix, Minister of Health
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||648||5,070||86,867 (80,325 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
- Today: 648 new cases were announced, for a total of 86,867 COVID-19 cases in British Columbia.
- New cases by health authority region:
- Northern Health – 56
- Interior Health – 39
- Island Health – 32
- Fraser Health – 372
- Vancouver Coastal – 149
- To date, 380,743 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in B.C., 87,024 of which are second doses. Immunization data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- There have been 79 new confirmed COVID-19 cases that are variants of concern in our province, for a total of 717 cases. Of the total cases, 99 are active and the remaining people have recovered. This includes 667 cases of the B.1.1.7 (U.K.) variant, 36 cases of the B.1.351 (South Africa) variant and 14 cases of the P.1 (Brazil) variant.
- Yesterday, the provincial health officer (PHO) order on gatherings and events has been amended to allow for outdoor gatherings of up to 10 people.
- Read Friday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.