COVID-19 Medical Staff Bulletin - March 19, 2021
“We are working with all of the supply we have available to maximize our protection and we are using every last drop. We also must focus on the individual actions that we need now more than ever to keep each other and our families and communities safe.”
Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, and Adrian Dix, Minister of Health
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||1,785 (three days)||5,290||92,571 (85,746 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
- For Friday, March 19: 737 new cases were announced for a total of 90,786 COVID-19 cases in British Columbia.
- New cases by health authority region:
- Northern Health – 82
- Interior Health – 33
- Island Health – 32
- Fraser Health – 426
- Vancouver Coastal – 163
- There have been 68 new confirmed COVID-19 cases that are variants of concern in our province, for a total of 1,200 cases.
- To date, 490,022 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in B.C., 87,139 of which are second doses. Immunization data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- The availability of the AstraZeneca/SII COVID-19 vaccine has allowed a parallel vaccine program to our age-based province-wide immunization program.
- This separate supply supplements and adds onto the age-based vaccines, allowing the strategic targeting of active outbreaks and higher-risk populations and locations.
- With our AstraZeneca/SII supply for the coming weeks confirmed, front-line workers will be immunized. As more vaccine becomes available, this will be expanded to even more people on our front lines.
- Read Friday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.