COVID-19 Medical Staff Bulletin - March 9, 2021
“Today marks a sombre milestone: one year since the first person in British Columbia died as a result of COVID-19. Today, we pause and remember everyone who has died from this virus and offer our condolences to those who have lost their loved ones.”
Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, and Adrian Dix, Minister of Health
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||531||4,861||85,650 (79,309 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
- For Tuesday, March 9: 550 new cases for a total of 85,119 COVID-19 cases in British Columbia.
- New cases by health authority region:
- Northern Health – 52
- Interior Health – 36
- Island Health – 7
- Fraser Health – 319
- Vancouver Coastal – 133
- To date, 333,327 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in B.C., 86,925 of which are second doses. Immunization data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- There have been 182 new confirmed COVID-19 cases that are variants of concern in our province, for a total of 576 cases.
- To date, 343,381 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in B.C., 86,938 of which are second doses.
- Read Tuesday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.