COVID-19 Medical Staff Update: February 12, 2021
“Each holiday and occasion this month – Super Bowl, Lunar New Year, Family Day or Valentine’s Day – is an opportunity for us to either allow the virus to spread or to slow it down even more. The choice is ours to make.”
- Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||1,533 (four days)||4,189||74,283|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
- Today, 445 new cases of COVID-19 were announced, 6 of whom are epidemiologically linked cases. This brings the total in British Columbia to 72,750. Of those cases:
- 135 cases are in the Vancouver Coastal Health region,
- 218 cases are in the Fraser Health region,
- 15 cases are in the Vancouver Island Health region,
- 44 cases are in the Interior Health region,
- 30 cases are in the Northern Health region,
- And 3 new cases in people who normally reside outside of Canada.
- There are currently 4,347 active cases. 226 cases are in hospital, of those 61 are in ICU. Over 7,035 people are under Public Health monitoring.
- 67,008 people have now recovered from COVID-19.
- 10 new deaths reported from COVID-19, for a total of 1,288. Our condolences to those who have lost loved ones.
- 1 new health care outbreak was announced in the Chartwell Carrington Place assisted-living facility. Two health care outbreaks were declared over; one at the University of North B.C. Hospital and the other at Royal Columbian Hospital.
- Please click here to read the full statement.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.