COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - Dec. 11, 2020
“This weekend, take a step back from the usual holiday rush. Take the time to get outside and enjoy a quieter weekend with those in your household. Show your loved ones you care by staying local and staying away right now.”
- Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||737||9,589||40,797 (29,598 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
- On Friday, 737 new cases were reported.
- There is a total of 40,797 cases in BC.
- There are 9,589 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
- There are 342 individuals currently hospitalized with COVID-19, 87 of whom are in intensive care.
- New cases by health authority region since Friday: VCH – 119 ; Fraser Health – 469; Island Health - 8; Interior Health - 99; Northern Health - 41, and one new case of a person who resides outside of Canada.
- There have been 11 new deaths, for a total of 598 COVID-related deaths in the province.
- There are three new health-care facility outbreaks.
- The provincial health officer’s orders restricting all gatherings and events are in effect until Jan. 8, 2021, at midnight. This includes gatherings in people’s homes and in public venues. Read the orders here.
- Read Friday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.