COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - Dec. 8, 2020
“Let’s work together to protect our communities and those who are most vulnerable and make it a safe and enjoyable holiday season for everyone.”
- Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
(within the last 24 hours)
- Today, 566 new cases were reported for a total of 38,718 cases in BC.
- There are 9,315 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
- There are 352 individuals currently hospitalized with COVID-19, 74 of whom are in intensive care.
- New cases by health authority region since Friday: VCH – 136; Fraser Health – 297; Island Health - 11; Interior Health - 74; Northern Health - 48, and no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada.
- There have been 16 new deaths, for a total of 543 COVID-related deaths in the province.
- We have had no new health-care facility or community outbreaks.
- The provincial health officer’s orders restricting all gatherings and events have been extended through to Jan. 8, 2021, at midnight. This includes gatherings in people’s homes and in public venues. Read the orders here.
- Read Tuesday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.