COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - December 22, 2020
“Since the start of immunizations, 4,108 people have received the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine in B.C., and today, vaccine clinics got underway in the Island Health, Interior Health and Northern Health regions, as well as those in Fraser Health and Vancouver Coastal. .”
- Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||518||9,137||48,027 (36,952 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
- For today: 444 new cases of COVID-19 for a total of 47,510 cases in British Columbia.
- There are 9,481 active cases.
- There are 357 individuals currently hospitalized with COVID-19, 84 of whom are in intensive care.
- New cases by health authority region:
- VCH – 79
- Fraser Health – 256
- Island Health - 9
- Interior Health - 78
- Northern Health - 22
- No new cases of people who reside outside of Canada.
- There have been 12 new deaths, for a total of 777 COVID-related deaths in the province.
- There were two new health-care facility outbreaks and one new community outbreak.
- Vaccine manufacturers Pfizer and Moderna have also provided guidance on how to safely transport the approved vaccines. This means that as deliveries increase in the coming weeks, the vaccine will increasingly be available in more locations.
- Community transmission of COVID-19 continues to occur across our province, which means the risk remains high for all of us.
- Because community spread continues, even if you have been doing all you can to protect yourself and those around you, it is important to know the symptoms of COVID-19 and get tested if symptoms develop.
- Read today's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.