COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - Feb. 19, 2021
“Not every day is easy, but it doesn’t mean we stop doing our part. Each day we recommit to taking the necessary precautions gets us closer to where we want to be.”
Dr. Réka Gustafson, B.C.’s deputy provincial health officer, and Adrian Dix, Minister of Health
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
- For Friday, February 19: 508 new cases were announced for a total of 75,835 cases in British Columbia.
- New cases by health authority region:
- VCH – 116
- Fraser Health – 286
- Island Health – 22
- Interior Health – 59
- Northern Health – 25
- Currently, 7,699 people are under active public health monitoring as a result of identified exposure to known cases.
- To date, 192,942 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in B.C., 36,923 of which are second doses. Immunization data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- Read Friday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
- Find previous joint statements here.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.