COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - Feb. 23, 2021
“The number of cases of COVID-19 – active cases and close contacts who are required to self-isolate at home – has been creeping higher over the last week. We need to hold steady and ensure these cases don’t surge.”
- Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||559||4,677||77,822 (71,753 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
- For Tuesday, February 23: 559 new cases, including 29 epi-linked cases, for a total of 77,822 cases in British Columbia.
- New cases by health authority region:
- VCH – 132
- Fraser Health – 278
- Island Health – 39
- Interior Health – 43
- Northern Health – 66
- Currently, 7,881 people are under active public health monitoring as a result of identified exposure to known cases.
- To date, 224,354 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in B.C., 58,896 of which are second doses. Immunization data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- Read Tuesday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
- Find previous joint statements here.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.