COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - Jan. 12, 2021
“Things are different than what they were before the pandemic. But we have learned, we have adapted, and by following the orders and rules for a bit longer, we will soon get to the brighter days ahead.”
- Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||446||5,045||58,553 (51,144 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
- Today, there are 446 new cases of COVID-19, including 10 epi-linked cases, for a total of 58,553 cases in B.C.
- Active cases: 5,045
- Currently hospitalized with COVID-19: 368
- 72 of whom are in intensive care.
- New cases by health authority region:
- VCH – 96
- Fraser Health – 223
- Island Health - 14
- Interior Health - 67
- Northern Health - 46
- Currently, 7,238 people are under active public health monitoring as a result of identified exposure to known cases
- There have been 9 new COVID-19-related deaths, for a total of 1,019 COVID-related deaths in the province.
- Since the start of immunizations, 62,294 people have received a COVID-19 vaccine in B.C.
- Read Tuesday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.