COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - Jan. 22, 2021
“We need to remember our risk remains high right now, even as we protect more and more people with vaccine. We are not at the point where we can lift restrictions in our community or long-term care.”
- Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||1,344 (three days)||4,392||64,828 (57,831 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
- For Friday, there are 508 new cases, including six epi-linked cases, for a total of 63,484 cases in British Columbia.
- There are 4,479 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
- New cases by health authority region:
- VCH – 132
- Fraser Health – 228
- Island Health - 13
- Interior Health - 79
- Northern Health - 55
- New cases, residing outside of Canada: 1
- Currently, 6,719 people are under active public health monitoring as a result of identified exposure to known cases.
- To date, 110,566 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in B.C., 2,202 of which are second doses. Immunization data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- Read Friday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.