COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - Jan. 26, 2021
“With each new case, we have the opportunity to stop the virus in its tracks, break the chains of transmission and bring our numbers down. Each of us has the ability to do that.”
- Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||485||4,299||65,719 (58,778 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
- For Tuesday, 407 new cases were reported, including three epi-linked cases, for a total of 65,234 cases in British Columbia.
- New cases by health authority region:
- VCH – 124
- Fraser Health – 169
- Island Health - 22
- Interior Health - 54
- Northern Health - 38
- Currently, 6,450 people are under active public health monitoring as a result of identified exposure to known cases.
- To date, 122,359 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in B.C., 4,105 of which are second doses. Immunization data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- Read Tuesday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.