COVID-19: Staff Bulletin - Jan. 29, 2021
“This time is about each of us choosing to do all we can. This is what allows us to keep as much as is safe open and also slow the spread of COVID-19. Staying apart, small and local. That’s the path we need to stay on right now.”
- Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||514||4,557||66,779 (59,551 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
- For Friday, 541 new cases were reported, including six epi-linked cases, for a total of 66,779 cases in British Columbia.
- New cases by health authority region:
- VCH – 134
- Fraser Health – 223
- Island Health - 29
- Interior Health - 71
- Northern Health - 57
- Currently, 7,242 people are under active public health monitoring as a result of identified exposure to known cases.
- To date, 129,241 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in B.C., 4,262 of which are second doses. Immunization data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- Read Friday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.