COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - Jan. 5, 2021
“With each day that we do our part, we are protecting our friends, families and communities, knowing that the vaccine is now helping to bolster our efforts. Together, we will get through this storm.”
- Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||428||6,472||54,629 (45,999 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
- For Tuesday: there are 428 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 54,629 cases in B.C.
- Active cases: 6,472
- Currently hospitalized with COVID-19: 367
- 77 of whom are in intensive care.
- 8,596 people are currently under active public health monitoring.
- New cases by health authority region:
- VCH – 90
- Fraser Health – 223
- Island Health - 9
- Interior Health - 61
- Northern Health - 45
- No new cases of people who reside outside of Canada.
- There have been 8 new COVID-19-related deaths, for a total of 954.
- There is one new health-care facility outbreak at St. Paul's Hospital.
- Since the start of immunizations, 28,209 people have received a COVID-19 vaccine in B.C.
- Read Tuesday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.