COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - Jan.19, 2021
“The COVID-19 vaccines bring hope and challenge: Hope, knowing that in a few months many people will have immunity to this virus; and challenge because of the current limited supply – in B.C., Canada and around the world.”
- Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||465||4,331||61,912 (55,099 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
- Today, there are 465 new cases, including 13 epi-linked cases, for a total of 61,912 cases in British Columbia.
- There are 4,331 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
- New cases by health authority region:
- VCH – 83
- Fraser Health – 262
- Island Health - 21
- Interior Health - 61
- Northern Health - 32
- New cases, residing outside of Canada: 6
- Currently, 6,864 people are under active public health monitoring as a result of identified exposure to known cases.
- To date, 92,369 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in B.C., and the BC Centres for Disease Control (BCCDC) is providing daily immunization data on the COVID-19 dashboard: www.bccdc.ca
- Read Tuesday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.