COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - March 16, 2021
“This is a time of hope for all of us – a time when we can start to look forward, knowing brighter days are ahead. As we do, let’s ensure we are also keeping to few faces, open spaces and with all of our safety layers in place.”
Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, and Adrian Dix, Minister of Health
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||498||4,851||89,427 (83,083 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
- For Tuesday, March 16: 556 new cases were announced for a total of 88,929 COVID-19 cases in British Columbia.
- New cases by health authority region:
- Northern Health – 41
- Interior Health – 16
- Island Health – 27
- Fraser Health – 331
- Vancouver Coastal – 139
- To date, 424,517 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in B.C., 87,070 of which are second doses. Immunization data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- There have been 116 new confirmed COVID-19 cases that are variants of concern identified in our province in the last day, for a total of 996 cases.
- Read Tuesday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.