COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - Nov. 13, 2020
“As yesterday’s modelling update clearly showed, this is a critical time for everyone in our province. We need to act now to protect our loved ones, our Elders and our communities.” - Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||1,954||6,279||22,944 (16,087 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
- For Friday: 617 new cases were announced today for a total of 20,985 cases in B.C.
- There are 5,579 active cases of COVID-19 in the province. Currently, 167 individuals are hospitalized with COVID-19, 50 of whom are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
- There are 12,016 people under active public health monitoring as a result of identified exposure to known cases and 14,901 people who tested positive have recovered.
- New cases by health authority region: VCH – 130 (6,237 total); Fraser Health – 424 (12,814 total); Island Health – 16 (340 total); Interior Health – 42 (1,001 total); Northern Health – 5 (504 total).
- There have been two new deaths, for a total of 290 COVID-related deaths in BC.
- In total, 35 long-term care or assisted-living facilities and seven acute-care facilities have active outbreaks.
- New COVID-19 modelling data was presented yesterday, showing the rise in cases in the province.
- Last Saturday, regional provincial health orders were put in place in the Vancouver Coastal and Fraser Health regions in response to a sharp increase in COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and health-care outbreaks. The orders are in effect until Monday, Nov. 23, 2020 at noon.
- Read Friday's joint statement of BC's COVID-19 response.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Elaine Yong, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: (604) 312-3547
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.