COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - Nov. 17, 2020
“The biggest impact you can make is through the small actions you take every day.” - Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||762||6,861||24,422 (16,914 cases)|
(within the last 24 hours)
- Today, 717 new cases of COVID-19, including one-epi-linked cases, were reported for a total of 23,661 cases in BC.
- There are 6,589 active cases of COVID-19 in the province. There are 198 individuals currently hospitalized with COVID-19, 63 of whom are in intensive care.
- Currently, 10,960 people are under active public health monitoring as a result of identified exposure to known cases and 16,087 people who tested positive have recovered.
- New cases by health authority region: VCH – 177; Fraser Health – 484; Island Health - 16; Interior Health - 18; Northern Health - 21, and one new case of a person who resides outside of Canada.
- There have been 11 new deaths, for a total of 310 COVID-related deaths in BC.
- New regional provincial health orders were put in place in the Vancouver Coastal and Fraser Health regions in response to a sharp increase in COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and health-care outbreaks. The orders are in effect until Monday, Nov. 23, 2020 at noon.
- Read Dr. Bonnie Henry’s op-ed, released yesterday: Masks and COVID-19: one of the important layers to protect yourself, your community
- Read Tuesday's joint statement of BC's COVID-19 response.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Elaine Yong, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: (604) 312-3547
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.