COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - Nov. 20, 2020
“Today, on World Children’s Day, let’s look to our future generations and the brightness ahead, and let’s do our part for every child in our province, our nation and the world.” - Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||516||7,122||25,474 (17,447 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
- Today, 516 new cases of COVID-19, including three epi-linked cases, were reported for a total of 25,474 cases in BC.
- There are 7,122 active cases of COVID-19 in the province. There are 227 individuals currently hospitalized with COVID-19, 57 of whom are in intensive care.
- Currently, 10,002 people are under active public health monitoring as a result of identified exposure to known cases and 17,477 people who tested positive have recovered.
- New cases by health authority region: VCH – 148 (7,404); Fraser Health – 294 (15,742 total); Island Health - 17 (446 total); Interior Health - 31 (1,203 total); Northern Health - 25 (588 total).
- There have been 10 new deaths, for a total of 331 COVID-related deaths in BC.
- New provincial health orders were announced yesterday, focusing on three areas: social gatherings, workplaces and group physical activities. Information on the province-wide restrictions can be found here, including more details on the restrictions by sector.
- There are three new health-care facility outbreaks and no new community outbreaks.
- Read Friday's joint statement of BC's COVID-19 response.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Elaine Yong, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: (604) 312-3547
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com.
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.