COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - Nov. 24, 2020
“Let’s step up our efforts to protect our families, friends and neighbours. The time to do that is now.” - Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||941||7,732||28,348 (19,605 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
- Today, 941 new cases of COVID-19 were announced for a total of 28,348 cases in BC.
- There are 7,732 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
- There are 284 individuals currently hospitalized with COVID-19, 61 of whom are in intensive care.
- Currently, 10,283 people are under active public health monitoring as a result of identified exposure to known cases and 19,605 people who tested positive have recovered.
- New cases by health authority region: VCH – 174; Fraser Health – 678; Island Health - 11; Interior Health - 49; Northern Health - 29, and no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada.
- There have been 10 new deaths, for a total of 358 COVID-related deaths in the province.
- There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks and no new community outbreaks.
- Read Tuesday's joint statement of BC's COVID-19 response.
- As part of last week's provincial health orders, events and social gatherings have been suspended, with some exceptions. For more information on the orders, go to: www.gov.bc.ca/covid19
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Elaine Yong, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: (604) 312-3547
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com.
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.