COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - Nov. 27, 2020
“It is a cruel irony, in many ways, that when we most need to be with people, that is the most dangerous thing that we can do with this level of transmission we’re seeing in communities across the province.”
- Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||2,354 (three days)||8,855||33,238 (23,111 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
- Today, 911 new cases of COVID-19 were announced for a total of 30,884 cases in BC.
- 21,998 people who tested positive have recovered.
- There are 10,430 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
- There are 301 individuals currently hospitalized with COVID-19, 69 of whom are in intensive care.
- New cases by health authority region: VCH – 153; Fraser Health – 649; Island Health - 27; Interior Health - 47; Northern Health - 35, and no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada.
- There have been 11 new deaths, for a total of 395 COVID-related deaths in the province.
- TransLink also updated their mask policy: in addition to wearing masks aboard TransLink vehicles, riders must also wear masks or face coverings while waiting for transit at all bus stops, bus loops, bus exchanges, stations and platforms.
- Transit Police will also enforce fines of $230. The list of exemptions to this can be found here.
- Read Friday's joint statement of BC's COVID-19 response.
- For the latest information on the new provincial health orders, go to: www.gov.bc.ca/covid19
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Elaine Yong, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: (604) 312-3547
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com.
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.