COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - Nov. 9, 2020
“Especially with Remembrance Day ahead, let’s all look to our veterans who have shown us how important it is to persevere when there seems to be more darkness than light.” - Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated at approximately 5 p.m. each day.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||998 (for two days)||4,891||18,714 (13,425 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
- Today, two 24-hour periods were reported, for a total of 998 new cases of COVID-19 in BC.
- There are 18,714 total cases in the province.
- New cases by health authority region: VCH – 210; Fraser Health – 737; Island Health - 12; Interior Health - 28; Northern Health -11.
- There have been five new deaths, for a total of 281 COVID-related deaths in BC.
- In total, 32 long-term care or assisted-living facilities and four acute-care facilities have active outbreaks.
- On Saturday, new regional provincial health orders were put in place in the Vancouver Coastal and Fraser Health regions in response to a sharp increase in COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and health-care outbreaks. The orders are in effect starting Saturday until Monday, Nov. 23, 2020 at noon.
- The purpose of the new orders is to break the chains of transmission connected to social gatherings occurring at a rapid rate in this part of the province.
- This latest action is about putting a short-term pause on non-essential activities and travel to ensure our essential activities – like school and work – can safely continue. Read more on the new Public Health Orders below.
- Read Monday's full provincial Joint Statement.
- For the latest COVID numbers across the province, please see the BCCDC dashboard.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Elaine Yong, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: (604) 312-3547
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com.
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.