COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - Oct. 22, 2020
“Show you care by keeping those outside your immediate household off your invite list right now” - Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated at approximately 5 p.m. each day.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
(within the last 24 hours)
- There are 274 new cases today in the province. This brings the provincial total to 12,331 total cases of COVID-19.
- By health authority region: VCH – 4,260; Fraser Health – 6,720; Island Health - 249, Interior Health - 644, Northern Health - 365 and 88 people who generally reside outside Canada.
- There are 1,920 active cases. 71 of those people are in the hospital, with 24 in critical care/ICU.
- There have been no new deaths.
- 4,425 people are under active public health monitoring.
- There have been no new health care outbreaks and one has been resolved. In total, 19 long-term care or assisted-living facilities have outbreaks and two acute-care facilities.
- No new community outbreaks, but yesterday we had our first school outbreak in the province in Kelowna.
- Social gatherings is where we're seeing the majority of the spread in the province, such as family celebrations at people’s homes.
- These clusters of outbreaks are spilling out into our health care sector and into other workplace clusters.
- Please stick with your family’ COVID-19 safety plans to keep social gatherings safe
- It is important to get an influenza vaccine this fall. Vaccines are arriving in B.C. now and over the coming weeks. To find a clinic and book your appointment, visit: www.immunizebc.ca
- Read the full news release here.
- For the latest COVID numbers across the province, please see the BCCDC dashboard.
SIGN UP FOR PHC STAFF TEXT ALERTS
Do you want to find out COVID-19 information via text alerts? If so, click on the corresponding staff group below.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Elaine Yong, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: (604) 312-3547
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com.
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.