COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - Oct. 27, 2020
“Getting through our COVID-19 storm requires all of us to do our part without exception, so let’s support each other to do the right thing today.” - Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated at approximately 5 p.m. each day.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||217||2,322||13,588 (10,954 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
- There were 217 cases reported today for a total of 13,588 cases in the province. This includes two epi-linked cases.
- By health authority region: VCH – 4,476; Fraser Health – 7,674; Island Health - 250, Interior Health - 717, Northern Health - 383 and 88 people who generally reside outside Canada.
- There are 2,322 active cases. 84 are hospitalized, with 27 in critical care/ICU.
- There were no deaths, for a total of 259 COVID-related deaths in BC.
- There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Felburn Care Centre and St. Michael’s Centre. In total, 21 long-term care or assisted-living facilities and two acute-care facilities have active outbreaks.
- A new provincial health officer order has been put in place limiting gatherings in private homes to no more than your immediate household, plus six others. This is a provincewide order that applies to all homes for all occasions.
- Read today's Joint Statement.
- For the latest COVID numbers across the province, please see the BCCDC dashboard.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Elaine Yong, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: (604) 312-3547
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com.
Sign up for PHC staff alert texts:
Do you want to find out COVID-19 information via text alerts? If so, click on the corresponding staff group below.
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.