COVID-19 Staff Bulletin - Oct. 29, 2020
"We remind everyone that a province-wide order is now in place, limiting the number of people who can visit in our homes. That means no Halloween parties this weekend." - Dr. Bonnie Henry
Please note: Numbers are updated at approximately 5 p.m. each day.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||234||2,344||14,109 (11,448 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
- There were 234 cases reported today for a total of 14,109 cases in the province. This includes four epi-linked cases. 11,448 people have now recovered.
- By health authority region: VCH – 4,588; Fraser Health – 8,036; Island Health - 256, Interior Health - 734, Northern Health - 406 and 89 people who generally reside outside Canada.
- There are 2,344 active cases. 86 are hospitalized, with 24 in critical care/ICU.
- There has been one new death, for a total of 262 COVID-related deaths in BC.
- There have been five new health-care facility outbreaks: The Gateway Assisted Living for Seniors, Mayfair Terrace Retirement Residence, Lakeview Care Centre, Louis Brier Home and Hospital, and Yaletown House. The outbreak at Zion Park Manor has been declared over.
- In total, 25 long-term care or assisted-living facilities and one acute-care facilities have active outbreaks.
- There are no new community outbreaks to report.
- Read today’s statement here.
- For the latest COVID numbers across the province, please see the BCCDC dashboard.
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Elaine Yong, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: (604) 312-3547
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com.
Sign up for PHC staff alert texts:
Do you want to find out COVID-19 information via text alerts? If so, click on the corresponding staff group below.
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.