PHC News + COVID-19 Update: April 1, 2021
“Starting today, long-term care and assisted-living residents across the province can see their family and friends and can leave their home without needing to self-isolate on their return. We recognize and thank you for the sacrifices you and your families have made over the past year.”
Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, and Adrian Dix, Minister of Health
For Thursday, April 1: there are 832 new cases of COVID-19 for a total of 100,880 cases in British Columbia.
- Active cases: 7,571
- Currently hospitalized: 296
- Intensive care: 79
- There have been 5 new COVID-19 related deaths, for a total of 1,463 deaths in British Columbia.
- 11,608 people under public health monitoring
Please note, these numbers are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.
New cases by health authority region:
- Northern Health – 39
- Interior Health – 42
- Island Health – 53
- Fraser Health – 388
- Vancouver Coastal – 310
- There have been 90 new confirmed COVID-19 cases that are variants of concern in our province, for a total of 2,643 cases.
- To date, 787,549 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca-SII COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in B.C., 87,394 of which are second doses. Vaccine data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- Read Thursday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||832||7,571||100,880 (91,732 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.