PHC News + COVID-19 Update: April 13, 2021
“This week is National Laboratory Week. It is our time to thank the many, many people who are working in our laboratories to support our pandemic response. Let’s show our appreciation by staying close to home as much as possible and doing all we can to stop the spread of COVID-19.”
- Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, and Adrian Dix, Minister of Health
“During this week, I would like to give a special thank you to the St Paul’s Laboratory – in addition to all their usual work, over the last fourteen months they have completed 276,945 COVID tests!”
- Fiona Dalton, PHC President & CEO
For Tuesday, April 13: 873 new cases were announced, for a total of 113,702 cases in British Columbia.
- Active cases: 9,756
- Currently hospitalized: 377
- Intensive care: 116
- There have been two new COVID-19 related deaths, for a total of 1,515 deaths in British Columbia.
New cases by health authority region:
- Northern Health – 28
- Interior Health – 72
- Island Health – 43
- Fraser Health – 512
- Vancouver Coastal – 218
- There are currently 5,221 confirmed COVID-19 cases that are variants of concern in our province. Of the total cases, 258 are active and the remaining people have recovered.
- 1,148,993 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca-SII COVID-19 vaccines have been administered, 87,785 of which are second doses.
- Vaccine data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- Read Tuesday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||1,168||9,821||114,870 (103,360 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.