PHC News + COVID-19 Update: July 6, 2021
- As of Tuesday, July 6, 2021:
- 78.1% (3,618,865) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- 37% (1,714,394) received their second dose.
- B.C. is reporting 46 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 147,797 cases in the province.
- There are currently 602 active cases of COVID-19 in the province
- 145,420 people who tested positive have recovered.
- Of the active cases,
- 87 individuals are currently in hospital
- 22 are in intensive care
- The new/active cases include:
- 15 new cases in Fraser Health
- 13 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- 13 new cases in Interior Health
- Two new cases in Northern Health
- Three new cases in Island Health
- In the last 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,759.
- Read Tuesday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Affairs team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.