PHC News + COVID-19 Update: June 11, 2021
“Let’s keep slowly and purposefully moving forward to allow all of us to put the COVID-19 pandemic behind us.”
Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, and Adrian Dix, Minister of Health
- For Friday, June 11:
- In B.C., 3,893,581 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines have been administered, 497,932 of which are second doses.
- This means 75.1% of all adults and 73.1% of those 12 and older have now received their first dose.
- Today, 180 new cases of COVID-19 were announced for a total of 146,176 cases in British Columbia.
- Active cases: 1,880
- Currently hospitalized: 162
- Intensive care: 45
- There has been 1 new COVID-19 related death, for a total of 1,730 deaths.
- New cases by health authority region:
- Northern Health – 10
- Interior Health – 39
- Island Health – 13
- Fraser Health – 107
- Vancouver Coastal – 11
- Read Friday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Affairs team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.