PHC News + COVID-19 Update: June 29, 2021
“British Columbia continues to maintain our positive momentum, allowing our province to safely move forward with Step 3 of BC’s Restart plan. We have seen that community transmission, hospitalizations and deaths are all declining as immunizations are going up.”
Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, and Adrian Dix, Minister of Health
- In B.C., 4,941,795 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines have been administered, 1,368,464 of which are second doses.
- This means 78.3% of all adults in B.C. and 77.0% of those 12 and older have now received their first dose.
- In addition, 31.6% of all adults in B.C. and 29.5% of those 12 and older have received their second dose.
- 29 new cases of COVID-19 were announced for a total of 147,578 cases in British Columbia.
- Active cases: 876
- Currently hospitalized: 110
- Intensive care: 34
- There have been 0 new COVID-19 related deaths, for a total of 1,754 deaths.
- New cases by health authority region:
- Northern Health – 0
- Interior Health – 10
- Island Health – 3
- Fraser Health – 7
- Vancouver Coastal – 7
- Outside of Canada - 2
- Vaccine data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- Read Tuesday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Affairs team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.