PHC News + COVID-19 Update: June 4, 2021
“This month will be extremely busy for our clinics – continuing with first doses for people 12 and older and also ramping up our second dose program. Elders, seniors, clinically extremely vulnerable people and others who are highest risk will all be getting vaccinated with Dose 2, with more and more of the broader population following closely behind.”
Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, and Adrian Dix, Minister of Health
- For Friday, June 4: In B.C., 3,488,884 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines have been administered, 256,725 of which are second doses.
- This means 72.4% of all adults and 69.6% of those 12 and older have now received their first dose.
- 183 new cases of COVID-19 were announced for a total of 145,049 cases in British Columbia.
- Active cases: 2,453
- Currently hospitalized: 224
- Intensive care: 59
- There has been 1 new COVID-19 related death, for a total of 1,710 deaths.
- New cases by health authority region:
- Northern Health – 9
- Interior Health – 30
- Island Health – 3
- Fraser Health – 101
- Vancouver Coastal – 40
- Vaccine data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- Read Friday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||481 (three days)||2,102||145,530|
|Deaths||12 (three days)||1,722|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Affairs team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.